update:March 23, 2020


Long-Term Care Insurance System


The Long-Term Care Insurance System provides social assistance for elderly people who need support or nursing care.

You must enroll in the Long-Term Care Insurance System when you turn 40 and when:

  • You are approved to stay in Japan for more than 3 months.
  • Your situation indicates that you can be expected to stay in Japan for more than 3 months.

Who can receive benefitscubic meters

  • Persons aged 65 years or older, who need support or nursing care.
  • Persons aged 40 years or older, (who have National Health Insurance or any health insurance from a company) who need support or nursing care due to one of 16 types of illnesses, such as cerebrovascular disease.

Insurance Premiums

From 40 years old to 64 years old the premium is paid together with either the National Health Insurance or Social Insurance.
Once over 65 years old, you must pay the premium to Minoh City seperate from National Health Insurance, any company health insurance, and the Late-Stage Medical Care System for the Elderly.
The premium is deducted from your pension. If it cannot be deducted, you can pay it via your bank account (ou need to apply beforehand), or you have to pay with a payment notice at a bank or a convenience store.

  • Long-term Care Insurance, Medical Subsidies and Pension Division
    TEL 072-724-6860 FAX 072-724-6040

How to use the service

In order to use the Long-Term Care Insurance Service, you need to have your nursing/support needs certified, or complete a checklist.

The certification determines the level of care you require, and is judged by a Primary Care Certification Committee composed of specialists in public health, medical care and welfare, on the basis of the result of an investigation from a home visit and your doctors opinion.

The checklist is comprised of 25 points, checking the condition of your body, etc. If it is judged that you need support or nurse care, you may be able to receive help from a day worker or help service.

You can apply to the City Office, and Minoh Life Plaza.

  • Elderly People Welfare Division
    TEL 072-727-9559 FAX 072-727-3539

To Contents